Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I was writing, and then I heard some tragic news....

Hello again folks, nice to see you!

I don't really know what I want to talk about. I just know I have to write. Writing helps me think, to hash things out, to mull things over in my mind. Seeing my thoughts in written form really makes it easier to work out the details of how things are going.

Right now things in general are trending towards something big happening, I don't know how or why I feel that, but I do. I watch for things, signs if you will, things that tell me, "hey, you might need to pay attention to this". It could be something someone mentions, or just something I see, usually several times, because I take that to mean that the universe is trying to tell me something. For instance, if I see or hear a certain word several times over the course of a day, or read something on the internet in completely different places, I think about the fact that maybe there's something I need to pay attention to. It doesn't need to be over the course of a single day either, it could be over the course of a week.

My belief that I am here as a spiritual being having a human experience has led me to live a different kind of life. Everything, well, almost everything, has a different significance to me than it once did.

I've just learned while writing this that there is a young girl right now very possibly on her deathbed due to cancer that was undiagnosed, even though she had been complaining of pain to her doctor for a year. All they told her was that it was all in her head. Her name is Ariel, and she is the second cousin of Bella over at Memoirs Of A Crazy Witch, and it breaks my heart to know that this young woman might die because of a doctor who didn't listen and try to determine the real cause of her pain. Sometimes people come into the world to teach us lessons, and I'm sure that Ariel's situation will undoubtedly do that, but try telling that to her parents who will possibly have to bury their child. As a father, I can say that if I was faced with the prospect of losing one of my daughters that I would be beside myself with grief, I would just lose it, and I would never ever be the same. This is just too hard to write about, because I am so angry with the doctors, and sad that this is happening to someone so young, with so much life ahead of them. Add to that the fact that I find most doctors to be crooks, only out to take people's money, and you've got one really upset Perth on your hands.

Many of you may have read my earlier posts, on my other blog, and are aware that for 10 years I was an auto mechanic. I worked on everything in that time, all types of cars, diagnosed all kinds of problems, and one thing always reared its ugly head, and that was the customer's fear or even assumption that I was not telling them the truth about their car, but rather only looking to squeeze every dime out of their wallet I was capable of acquiring. But nothing could have been farther from the truth. I always told them exactly what the problem was, and what was needed to repair it. For some reason, because of mechanics who did in fact inflate their estimates and were caught and made the national news about it, and still do, the general public has gotten the idea that ALL mechanics are crooks. Again, nothing could be farther from the truth. Most mechanics are honest, and only tell the truth about what they find wrong, and while I'm sure there are plenty that don't, I truly believe that the numbers of dishonest mechanics are far smaller than people think. Doctors, however, as a general rule, do not seem to have this stigma attached to them. People are perfectly ok to allow them to work on their bodies, diagnosing all kinds of diseases and conditions, prescribing medications, scheduling follow up after follow up appointment, and charging thousands upon thousands of dollars in the process, without so much as an "are you sure?" or a "I don't think that's the problem, I'm not feeling the pain there". I guess because a doctor has to go to school for so many years to become a "Doctor" that it makes them completely un-fallable and always straight to the point and unswervingly honest. There's no possible way that they could see the opportunity to draw something out, to schedule further tests, to make more office visits, to dole out more medication, all for the express purpose of filling their pockets with even more money. They probably DO know right off the bat what the problem is in most cases, I mean with all their years of training, but why not make a few bucks by not letting the patient know right away, why not make them go through more "tests", who's gonna be hurt by it? What they don't know won't hurt them, right? I bet Ariel's parents might have something to say about that right now. How many children will complain about having pain if it is not really there? Sure, there are some that do, just to get attention, but to have it go on for a year, and for the doctor to do nothing? All I can say is that I am appalled, and angry. As a mechanic I was questioned for the littlest thing, constantly accused of being untruthful, but here is a doctor who obviously did not seem to care enough that this young lady might have had a life threatening illness to tell her anything other than "it's all in your head". I guess having constant pain is normal for a human body that is 17 years old, yeah, ok. I wonder how many visits that doctor went ahead and scheduled just to tell her that? I mean a year? Really? Hey here's an idea, why not tell the truth, and say "I don't know what's wrong, but let me find someone for you that can find out."

I don't know the whole situation, so I could be way off base here, maybe they did do just that, and no one found anything, but it just irks me in general when I hear about doctors that in my opinion are just dicking people around, drawing things out, just to make a buck. And no one even looks up. Sorry folks, just my opinion, I'm sure there are honest doctors out there, but I am one who thinks that most are crooks, because I'm in a position to know what that looks like.

I sincerely hope that all of you who reads this will pour out your prayers and healing energy to Ariel and her family, that she may be healed. No one should have to go through something like this. I pray that she will recover, and that the universe will provide her family with strength and comfort in this most difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. WOW very powerful thank you for acknowledging this. My thoughts are with this girl and her family.

    ReplyDelete