Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

To Boldly Go...Where Perth Has Never Gone Before...

As I mentioned on Facebook last night, today's post is about some things I have never talked about before, but I have some strong opinions about them, and I want to be heard. So, here I boldly go......

I write here in my blog to voice my perspective on life, on things I see or hear, or just to generally think aloud about what's on my mind at the moment. But the longer I have traveled this path I am on, the more I have begun to realize that my perspective is not enough. I see the world from one tiny viewpoint, as you the rest of you, granted, but the problem I see is that there is so much more happening than I or most of us can perceive, it's almost useless to take those perceptions as "truth".

Think about what you see on the news everyday. Death, destruction, this or that is the next thing that can kill you, oh look, another crooked CEO or politician has been indicted for fraud, or money laundering, or just plain heinous acts of cruelty or violence. Same sex marriage, this person loves it, this person hates it, they all publicize their very strong opinions on it. Personally, I myself am beginning to wonder why it is we have to "claim" a particular gender at all. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I have reason to believe that when we are not actively incarnating in a human body, in our spirit form we do not have a "gender" at all, or, we can choose which one we appear to have.

I just feel like all this "stuff" that we concern ourselves with here, during these lives, is scarcely the point of living. So what if two men or two women want to get married? It's their lives, let them deal with the ups and downs of marriage just like the rest of us, why does it have to be some big huge issue? So a group of humans were taught as children that a marriage is between a man and a woman, and that means that the rest of the human race HAS to think so too? Whatever, SCREW YOU and that book you love to quote to make yourself feel important, and take your tiny view of the world and keep it to yourself, and leave the rest of us to do the same! I'm sick of hearing about it! Let people do what they want, just as YOU get to do what YOU want!

See what I'm getting at here? How can my view of the world be taken as anything but my own opinion to anyone else who reads it or hears about it? Why then do some people think that THEIR view is the ONLY way? And why do they think they have the right to tell the rest of us how to think, and how to live? Who made them any different than me? My perspective on life is no better than anyone else's, and I don't see how even a large group of people with the same perspective can say that they are "right". There's so many other ideas.

I used to be like that. I used to think that I "knew" stuff. I was so sure about what the truth was that I believed it in my core. And I'm not talking about religion either. I'm talking about science, philosophy, anatomy, physics, you name it, I had ideas in my head that I KNEW what made the world go around. But the more I learn, I am finding that I "know" less and less. The perceptual ability of we "meatbags" is limited to only a short band of the light spectrum, and a similarly small band of the sound spectrum. We (on the whole) cannot perceive anything outside of what our paltry senses feed to our brains, but there is a shit ton of things going on right under our noses that we cannot in any way, shape, or form even detect, let alone understand if we could. We have been able, with technology, to verify that. However, we don't have the ability to see beyond what that technology can "see", so how do we know if there's MORE? We don't.

I am completely fed up with the human race. We piddle along, squabbling and fighting over things that don't even matter, instead of trying to better ourselves, trying to find out what's out there, and maybe even along the way evolving into something more than just primitive primates in a steel, glass, and concrete jungle. We believe in gods, and spirits, in thousands of forms of "deities", but instead of trying to find ways to become like them, we decide to do harm to our fellow man in the NAME of these gods, as if we have the right.

I believe that I am a spirit, incarnating a physical body at the moment, and even though the vast number of the world's "religions" have the same idea, no one seems to be concerning themselves with what is happening in the world that spirits inhabit. These are our own people, us, those not incarnating a body right now, and yet no one seems to want to bridge the gap, and those that do are called freaks and mentally deranged. Why? We all seem to believe that we either came from there first, and/or will be going there when our time as a human is done, so why is it considered "wrong" to want to see what their existence looks like? Why can't we try to pursue the realm of the spiritual without it becoming some freakish side show? It's just as real to us as the physical world is, so everyone says, especially those who proclaim to be religious, but any mention of someone attempting to communicate with spirits or to find a "doorway" to enter the spirit world is considered taboo, or just plain crazy. And I want to know why.

I myself have no extrasensory perception, I don't see ghosts, I don't hear voices, nothing. At least not to my knowledge. It could just be that I don't yet know how to listen to them or see them. But either way, I know and have known people who could, and I have not seen them as freaks. Rather, I have seen them as having been given a wonderful talent, one that I hope to have someday, if I am capable. There is so much to be learned from the Other Side, because they are not bound by the constraints of a physical existence. To be a spirit means to be perceptive beyond our imagination, to see into the past, present, and future all at the same time. It means being something more than a person worrying about who marries men and who marries women. It means more than the "9 to 5" drudgery we've gotten ourselves stuck in with all of our "civilization". It means more than worrying about how you will look in that outfit when you go out to meet your friends. There's so much more out there that has nothing to do with being a physical being, and I want to learn about THAT, I am DONE with all this garbage that is of no real use to anyone. I could not care less about who the next "American Idol" is going to be. I want to know how to evolve into something better. I want to know how I can learn and progress as a spirit, not a human.

Physically, I am male. Mentally, I am androgynous. I have no gender, or rather, I am both male AND female. So if I find a companion, that person is a companion, not a gender. If I decide I want to officially make that person my lifelong companion, whether or not that person is physically male or female makes no difference. That's MY perspective on the matter. I just wish the rest of the humans saw it that way.

I don't know what's out there. I don't know for a fact that there even is such a place as the "Other Side". I don't know anything about what anyone else is thinking, nor do I know how they feel. I am just me, and I leave everyone else to do what they want. I live very much in the moment, because I have found that I cannot take anything I saw or read or heard "before", and predict what will come in the future, even moments from now. So have your squabbles, take your life and live it how you want, it's your life. I don't know how it will turn out, I only know that I am fed up with what I see. I'm fed up with what I am. I want to learn how to be better.

If you've made it this far down in the post, thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion, my perspective, on some very "sensitive" issues. I do not often broach such subjects, because I have feared alienating my audience. I have a different feeling about it now, I'm no longer afraid, I'm not worried at all. If a person wants to, they can read my posts or not read them, whether they agree or not. People don't come here to get their own opinions, they come here to read mine. So, I have done it, I wrote the post, and I am planning on writing similar ones in the future.

Here's to boldly going where I've never gone before.





No comments:

Post a Comment