Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo!

Hi folks! I wanted to tell you a little more about my latest challenge I got myself into, NaNoWriMo.

It's a lot like NaBloWriMo, where you write every day, but this is about writing a book. A 50,000 word novel, a work of fiction, in 30 days. It doesn't necessarily have to be finished, but the goal is to write 50,000 words of it. To do that, you need to write at least 1,667 words per day. Well, today, I am proud to say, I wrote 1,843 of them!

And, they have a neat widget, that you can see on my sidebar over there, that shows your progress as you go along, so even if I don't mention it, you can see how far I've gotten in meeting the goal!

I really want to see this challenge through, and I want to try to keep writing after it's done. I think that having a time limit is a real motivation to get it done. And, I wanted to see if I could in fact write a novel, as it's something of a dream of mine, that I've had for a while now, but I never have tried to do it.

So, wish me luck, and, if you want to check out more about what NaNoWriMo is all about, and try it yourself, it's easy. Just go to www.nanowrimo.org, and see!

Have a great night folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment