Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

3 years and 6 months later......

Hi folks, good to see you again.

3 and a half years ago, I moved out. I left my wife (and kids) to go stay with a friend, got myself a job, and tried to start a whole new life. Or so I thought at the time.

Looking at where I am now, back at home, back with my family, it could be said that that time I spent away was a waste. I missed so many things, so much time I could have been with them.

But, looking at it another way, it could be said that I needed to do that, I needed to leave, to learn a few things, or to experience something.

The latter is the way I see it. It almost seems like that 3 years I was gone was like time one would spend if they were away at college, I learned that much along the way.

My life changed in so many ways in that time that I can barely begin to describe it.

My perspective usually keeps me from seeing how monumental the changes in my life are, as they happen, but looking back on it, me moving from here to another town an hour away, and then moving to another state 9 hours away, well, those WERE pretty big changes.

Now that I'm back, and I'm a little older and a little wiser, I have a different way of looking at what (on the outside) appears to be the exact same situation I was in before I left.

Granted, there are differences, the most notable being that I now have a steady job, so the way others in the family treat me is different, but still, for the most part, things are not all that different.

So, it must be me. And how I'm perceiving things.

That makes me happy. :)


1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to hear from you, Perth! So glad things are where you want them to be :) Wishing you and your family the very best!!

    ReplyDelete