Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today's the day.....

Today is Saturday. This much I know. But there are many other things about today that I don't know. 


Life has a way of teaching you that there is much you don't know. But life also teaches you new things every day, so every day you get a little wiser, right?

Every new day brings something new. Sometimes it's new challenges to overcome, sometimes it's new friends, sometimes it's new ideas, and still other times it's new revelations about yourself.

I'm sure today will be no different.


Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow has not yet come, it's just today that should be in focus. Today could be the day I meet someone who will change my life forever. Today could be the day I wake up from my sleep and decide to write something about how I really think about things. Today could be the day I learn the key to making my dreams a reality. 


Today's the day. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, today.


Today has been called "the first day of the rest of your life". I'd like to think of it as just "today". Today is the only day I can do anything about, the rest of my life will have to wait until I get there. What I do today will take to me to it, no matter what I do. Yes of course, the choices I make today will affect what happens tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and so on and so forth, but today, this day, this is the only one I have the ability to make a change in, right NOW.


So, what am I going to do today? First, I will sleep, as I do every day. I need sleep to be ready to go back to work tonight. When I wake up this afternoon, I will decide what to do next. Most likely I will write, I will write the story in my head, the story of my life. I will check to see if anyone has emailed, texted, or messaged me, and then I will get to writing. 


I've got lots of things to say, because there are a lot of things I am curious about, a lot of things I want to know. You, my online friends, mean a lot to me. As we interact, chat, and read each other's blogs, we learn about life, and about each other. I don't just see you as words on my computer screen, but as living, breathing human beings, who, while you have your own lives to live, take the time to sit down and read my blog. Some of you are my friends on Facebook, or on Twitter, and each time we interact, I feel as though you are in the same room with me, talking to me like friends do when they're together. You are an important part of my life, each and every one of you. 


However, today is the day that I clean out my list of "friends" on Facebook. Those that I don't interact with, and those I do not know personally through any other means will be cut from the list. I know you are all real people, and I'm sure there was a reason you requested to be my friend in the first place, but if we do not interact, and I don't know who you really are, then can we in fact say we're "friends" at all?

So today's the day for that, but right now, it's time for bed.


See you all this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Well I am honored I am still here and on Facebook.
    I totally get what you are saying here and I am so sorry it took me forever to comment my head has been in this weird fog lately.

    ReplyDelete