Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's been a while.....

Hi folks, nice to see you again. It's been over a month since I last posted. There was not much to talk about. There was nothing new in my life, things are still "go to work, come home, sleep at some point, go back to work" most of the time.

That's not to say that things haven't changed in my mind though. Daily events have a way of changing one's mind, sometimes slowly, and sometimes all at once. I've had both this last month.

I turned 41 on Monday, a week ago, and that's about the most noteworthy thing that's happened to me in the last month. Saturday night however, I did finally come to the conclusion that I have to completely quit drinking. I was only doing it on my days off, rather than every day, as I did when I was a lot younger, but, physically, my body can't handle it anymore, and I don't like who I become when I drink either. So, that's the end of it.

That was the "all at once" change of mind I had. The other changes have taken place more slowly, but they are no less life changing. I have come to realize that through all these years of life, I still had not truly done anything just because "I" wanted to do it. So I did a few things that I wanted to do. No one suggested them, I came up with them on my own, and I did them. Sure, I asked for feedback, because these "things" I did were cosmetic changes, but the ideas for them came solely from me. It's a step in a direction I intend to take for the rest of my life. I am going to make my own choices, and stop following what others are doing just to try to fit in. I have my own life, and I am my own person, and I can do what I want without having to ride someone else's coat tails, or have someone else's approval.

You might just say that I know longer care about what anyone thinks of what I do, I'm just going to do it, if it feels right.

And hopefully, I have another 40 years left of this life to find out where that will take me.

1 comment: