Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

And...writing some more....

Hi friends, it's been a day, like all other days, well, except for the fact that I'm writing a novel.

It's pretty well taken over my thought process. Well, that, and making sure I post every day here on my blog.

I am making a commitment to committing to things, and sticking with them.

And the NaNoWriMo challenge is part of that. But even if I didn't have that, I'd still be committed to writing here on my blog.

The funny thing is, it's becoming less of a commitment, and more of a way of life. It's just what I do, now, I go to work, I come home, and I write, here, on my blog, and I write my novel.

I think that's the way it's supposed to work out though, that's how "they", whoever they are, train you to always be writing. They give you a monthly challenge, and then, if you are dedicated and committed to it, you find yourself doing it as a habit, and then, it's no longer a challenge. You just do it as a way of life, and that's what it seems I'm doing.

I wrote 1,905 words today on my novel, still ahead of the goal of 1,667 per day. I intend to keep it that way, and if my instinct is correct, I have a feeling that within the next few days, or perhaps a week, I will be writing more than double that each day, because by then, it will be a habit.

I'm writing, and writing more, and again, writing more. It is what I do, it's what I am, and I'm pretty happy about it.

I hope all of you have a great day doing what it is that YOU do.


No comments:

Post a Comment