Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something different

Hello there everyone in blogland! Hope you are doing well this evening! I just realized that the date shows just above my posts, which I really like, but that negates the need for me to name my posts by the date or day of the week. So, before this one is over I'm sure I'll find a way to name this one something different.

Today has been a different sort of day, and by different I mean more routine, which is a blessing considering for the last month it has been pure chaos, as opposed to the cluttery unbridled chaos life usually is around here. I like things to be normal, but I really don't like things to be boring. I tend to get into ruts, doing the same thing over and over everyday, but I think I do it mainly because in this environment it gives me a sense of normalcy. I'm not sure if that's the reason, but I am sure I have no problem trying new things, or mixing things up a bit. Seems like I'm talking in two different directions, but that's me, I'm a man of extremes. I don't have a "happy medium" bone in my body. So I guess you could say I like to mix up my ruts, doing different ones at different times, and come up with new ones when the mood strikes.

Anyway I wanted to let anyone who hasn't seen yet to know that I posted Chapter 3 over on Journey of the Stag Warrior. It's been a long time coming, but I'm really pleased at how it turned out. I started that chronicle with the intent to write my experiences in a story-like fashion, and I have to say, it's really helping me to wring every ounce of creative juices I have out of my brain. Maybe one day I will have enough extracted to actually write a real novel, which has been a dream of mine for quite a few years now, ever since I first read my favorite series of books authored by Piers Anthony. He is primarily a fantasy novel author, and his series entitled "Incarnations of Immortality" really inspired me. My "Chapter" posts are written in the same style as his books in that series, as I really favor the third person approach. So maybe with doing more of it, and getting more practice, I will be able to come up with ideas, and more importantly, a storyline and details enough to fill a novel.

Ok well I need to go for now, have to go take my nephew to his boy scout meeting. Hope to meet with everyone again soon. Enjoy the rest of your night, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment