Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Plans delayed, but life is good

Well folks, it seems we ran into some logistical issues, so the negotiations with my wife will not take place this weekend.

She had to work, so it will be a few more weeks now before we can try to reconcile. I'm bummed about it, but so far it's been a great "weekend" otherwise, so I'm not complaining. I'm in a good place mentally and emotionally, for once in my life, so this setback just means to me that it's not quite time yet for it to happen.

I went grocery shopping today, with a list and everything, and spent almost exactly what I thought I was going to, and I've been having fun chatting with my best friend (who incidentally was very instrumental in compiling that grocery list) and playing around in facebook, it's been a really good day.

Today is my oldest daughter's 14th birthday, it's hard to believe that she's that old already. She just got back from spending a week in Gatlinburg (TN) with her girl scout troop, so her party is tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to spending time with her and her sisters. Then when I come back, I'm bringing along my youngest with me, so my roommate can take some pics of her for a school project on Sunday. That should be a lot of fun for her, and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy having her here with me for a time.

Things are better than they've ever been; my job is going well, I'm getting up to speed on everything I have to do there, and I will hopefully be offered a full time position at my 90 day evaluation. That's in another month.

Like everyone else, I don't know what tomorrow may bring, but it's nice to be able to say that now I don't worry too much about the future, things happen just the way they should, and in the end, I know all of it will be for the best. So have a great night everyone, stay safe, and I'll be back soon to give you another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment