Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 2

Something I love about myself.....

I already chronicled yesterday about how I feel about my emotional side, which is one thing I love about myself, mainly because it helps me to relate to other people better. So, for this one, I'm going to say that another something I love about myself is my intellect.

Ever since I was a child, I was told that I was the "smart" one, and I had a pretty good idea that I was, I mean for most of my childhood, schoolwork came easy for me. It wasn't till I became an adult that I took an IQ test online and found out that it (my IQ) is around 150. That's pretty good, not a genius or anything, but the reason I love that about myself is because it gives me the ability to learn just about anything I put my mind to, and in quick fashion. I've learned a lot of different and very useful things in my lifetime, and I have a large database of knowledge on lots of different types of equipment. I can diagnose the problem on almost any type of mechanical or electrical device, and fix them, and I enjoy the challenge of fixing things I've never worked on before. One of my favorite things to do is to take apart laptops and repair them, and I'd love to be doing that for a living, with my own business.

Coupling this intellect with my strong emotional side results in me having a sort of duality to my personality, a unique blend of knowledge and feeling that enables me to relate to others very well, and I appreciate that about myself a lot. Knowing what to do, and feeling the need to do are two entirely different things, and I feel like having this duality helps me to better determine what I need to do and say in my interactions with other people.

So to sum it all up, I love being me, and I'm sure glad I do, because as the saying goes, "Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken".

No comments:

Post a Comment