Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

I've been quiet....but not for long

I'm writing today, finally, it's been too long. I've only posted twice this month, and, while I am not a "daily" writer by any stretch of the imagination, I usually at least post something at least once a week, sometimes more, depending on what's going on. I haven't had anything getting in the way of me sitting here and typing up a post, my day to day life hasn't changed much at all, so I can't really blame my silence on being "busy".              

As it is my nature, my perspective on things constantly changes, and so therefore does my frequency of writing. I LIKE to write, it helps get my thoughts out of my head, and onto something a little more permanent, but when my thoughts are not in a place where I believe I have anything to share, well, I don't write.

The funny thing is, right now, I have no shortage of things that I COULD write about, but I no longer have the desire to have my innermost thoughts and feelings open for the whole world to see. Most of the time, I can, and will do so, write about things that are going on in my life, without adding all of the inner dialogue that does nothing but scream for attention. Until recently, I didn't even realize that I was doing that, with the way I was writing.

Having said all that, I have found a way to give my writing a "jump-start". I have decided to participate in the annual "NaBloWriMo" writing challenge. Here's a link to the blog where it "originates", but basically, it's just a fun way to get the creative juices flowing, by posting a blog post for every day of the month of October. There's also a Facebook page that can give you all the information about joining.

The fact of the matter is folks, something has to give. Sure, my mind and thoughts can change, my emotions have DEFINITELY changed, but that doesn't mean I have to stop writing. All it means is that I need to find a better motivation than the one I once had. I don't think I need to hash out the details on that one, anyone who has been following me for a while most likely already knows what that motivation was.

Life is different, but only because my attitude and mind are different. Any time I gain a new perspective on myself, I find that my writing takes a new direction. This time it meant that I just about stopped writing, and while that may seem like a bad thing, in essence, it's not. It just means I need a "reboot", and I think this blog challenge is just the thing to get me going again. And going in a direction that doesn't scream "Hey, somebody like me, somebody feel sorry for me, because I write about my feelings so much!"

For a guy who's never really been his own person a day in his life, not in thought anyway, it's been a change to finally break free, and realize that I am ok with being by myself, and I am ok WITH myself. No regrets, no "oh-woe-is-me", just, ME, being who *I* am, whether anyone else approves of it or not.

I look forward to the start of the blogging challenge, and as the month of October progresses, I will update everyone on what has transpired in my life, and what is yet to come. Thank you for your continued interest, and for your support.



*Photo courtesy of NaBloWriMo blog*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Perthro thanks for letting us know about the blog challenge, will look it up after I write this. It's interesting but there appears to be a general lull right now, I'm chalking it up to resonance with shifts that are occurring in the world. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete